Easy Vegan Gnocchi Recipe:
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Yields: 8 portions
- 1.4 kg potatoes (peeled and chopped into small chunks)
- 280g plain flour
- Mixed herbs, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper to season
- Sauce: I used a jar of tomato sauce with vegan mozzarella melted in
- Boil the potatoes until soft enough to mash (mine took about half an hour as I didn’t want to have any lumps in it)
- Drain the water and mash the potatoes, then add the seasonings (add as much as desired)
- Slowly add in the flour and mix until a dough forms, then leave until it’s cool enough to handle
- Roll the mixture into little balls (or for a faster – but less pretty way – roll into long sausages and use a knife to split it up into small sections) and keep going until all the mixture has been used up
- Then in boiling water, add about 1/3 of the balls and boil for 3-4 minutes until they all rise to the top, then take them out and repeat until all the gnocchi balls are cooked
- Mix into a sauce then enjoy!
Want to contact me or give feedback?