Vegan Refried Beans Recipe:
Prep time: 5 minutes
Time to make: ~10 minutes
Makes: ~4 portions
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (for frying)
- 253g pinto beans (400g can drained)
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp. tomato puree
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 tbsp. smoked paprika
- Fry the onions in olive oil for a few minutes until browned
- Add in the beans, puree, stock, garlic and smoked paprika, then stir (do this regularly so it doesn’t stick)
- On quite a high heat, simmer the beans so the liquid starts to evaporate
- When the liquid has reached 1/4 of it’s original amount, take the beans off the heat and mash them roughly with a potato masher
- Then, serve and enjoy!
Please be sure to follow my blog if you enjoy my recipes!
Want to contact me or give feedback?