Vegan Jackfruit Tacos Recipe:
Prep Time: ~5 minutes
Cook Time: ~10/15 minutes
Yields: 2/3 portions
- Extra virgin olive oil for frying
- 280g of canned jackfruit (560g can drained)
- 2 red onions (diced)
- 2 tbsp. cumin
- 2 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- Salt and pepper as desired
- Cut the jackfruit into smaller slices and take out any of the seeds (they’re quite hard, you’ll be able to spot them)
- Fry them in a tbsp. of oil on a medium heat for ~4 minutes (try and pull the jackfruit apart a little with a spoon or similar), then add in the red onion and fry for a further few minutes until softened
- Add all the herbs and spices (add a little more oil too if it’s dried up a little) and fry for a few more minutes until all is absorbed
- Then serve and enjoy!
Please be sure to follow my blog if you enjoy my recipes!
Want to contact me or give feedback?