This vegan omelette from my book ‘Breakfast at Stephanie’s’ is full of flavour, and would make a perfect savoury breakfast, or could be had as lunch or dinner, too!
Vegan Savoury Omelette Recipe:Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: ~ 5 minutes
Yields: 1 omelette
- 100g silken tofu
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- Egg replacer (equivalent to 1 egg*) or 1/4 tbsp. arrowroot/corn-starch
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric (for colour)
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil (plus more for frying)
- Black pepper (as desired)
- 10g chickpea (or plain) flour
- 1/2 tsp. kala namak (black salt – for eggy flavour, if desired)
- 30ml vegan milk of choice
*follow the instructions on the packet
Optional toppings/filling ideas:
- Tofu bacon (recipe in ‘Breakfast at Stephanie’s)
- Red onions
- Vegan cheese
- Put all the ingredients (except flour and any fillings) into a food processor, and blend until all is mixed and smooth
- Add in the flour and mix for a further 10 seconds
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick (circular) pan on a medium-high heat
- Pour in the ‘egg’ mixture and fry until the underside has browned (about 4 minutes) – add any toppings you have at this point too
- Then, flip the omelette in half, fry for a further couple of minutes (until the inside has cooked fully)
- Serve and enjoy!
Like my recipes? Don’t forget to follow my page!
Want to contact me or give feedback?