The chocolate wreaths will make a lovely Christmas-cake topper, or simply a delicious treat to be enjoyed at the annual family get-together!
Vegan Chocolate Wreath Recipe:
Time to make : 15-20 minutes
Cool/set time: ~ 10-20 minutes (depending on whether you make chocolate yourself – will take longer to set – or use shop bought)
Yields: ~4 wreaths
- Chocolate: either make your own (below) or use 100g vegan chocolate (orange or mint flavours work really well
- Green icing (for leaves)
- Red icing (for berries)
- Flavouring (optional): 1 tsp. orange or mint extract
- 150g coconut oil
- 40g cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp. maple syrup/agave nectar
- Melt the coconut oil in a bain-marie, then add in the cocoa powder and sweetener of choice and mix until combined
- Pour the mixture into circular shapes (you may want to leave in the fridge – don’t do this for shop bought chocolate – to thicken for a few minutes so it holds it’s shape a little better when you pour) onto some non-stick baking paper, then place in the fridge and leave until it’s solidified
- Whilst the chocolate is setting, roll out a bit of the green icing and start cutting out leaf shapes (don’t have to be as small as the ones in the photo, if you want to be quick, cut out bigger ones), use a knife to put some lines down the middle to make them look more leaf like
- Then roll some red icing into little balls to make some berries
- When the chocolate has solidified, start laying out the icing on top to make it look like a wreath
- Then, either leave it in the fridge (keep it on the paper or it’ll stick) until you need it or enjoy!
Like my recipes? Don’t forget to follow my page!
Want to contact me or give feedback?