Want to make vegan mac ‘n’ cheese without having to use any ‘cheese’? Then look no further. This recipe is SO easy, and over the past year or so I’ve managed to simplify it down (without compromising flavour) so it’s a really quick and easy meal. It’s become a firm favourite in our house and with all our guests that have tried it!
Vegan Mac ‘n’ Cheese Recipe:Prep time: approx. 5 minutes
Cook time: approx. 15 minutes
Yields: 2 portions
*Switch for Gluten Free
- approx. 180g dried pasta (2 portions worth)*
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1.5 tbsp. golden breadcrumbs
- 1 nob vegan butter
- 1 tbsp. flour*
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. reduced salt soy sauce*
- 210 vegan milk of choice
- Black pepper as desired
+ any toppings if desired – pictured we have pulled BBQ jackfruit and sundried tomatoes
- Cook the pasta as directed on the packet, then when cooked, drain and set aside
- In the empty pan, add the butter (now on a low heat) and leave to melt, then add in the flour, nutritional yeast and breadcrumbs and whisk together to make a roux
- Then add in the milk, garlic powder, soy sauce and black pepper and whisk continually until the sauce thickens
- When thickened – should take approx. 5 minutes – add the pasta back in and stir until it’s covered by sauce
- Then serve and enjoy!
Like my recipes? Don’t forget to follow my page!
Want to contact me or give feedback?