This is now my 3rd pancake recipe on this page as there are truly so many ways you can make pancakes cruelty free and delicious. And with fewer ingredients than traditional non-vegan pancakes, they will be a lot cheaper to make too.
Find my other two pancake recipes here:
Vegan American Pancakes Recipe:Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
Yields: approx. 9 pancakes
- 150g plain flour
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 300ml water or vegan milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon sunflower or vegetable oil
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl
- Whisk the water and oil together in a small bowl. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, and pour in the wet.
- Whisk the mixture a little further until combined
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over low-medium heat
- Drop batter by large spoonfuls into the pan,
and cook until bubbles form and the edges have browned
- Flip, and cook until browned on the other side
- Repeat with remaining batter, serve with desired toppings and enjoy!
Tip: to get really thick and fluffy pancakes, keep the heat relatively low as they will rise more – it takes a little longer, but I can assure you it’s worth it!
Like my recipes? Don’t forget to follow my page!
Want to contact me or give feedback?