It’s been a while – time for a new recipe! This time it’s a healthier twist on the non-vegan ‘Twix’. This recipe is super easy to make, and can be made gluten-free too.
Vegan Twix Bars Recipe:
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: approx. 15 minutes
Cool Time: approx. 30 minutes
Yields: approx. 12 bars
Storage: Sealed container in the fridge
Gluten Free (if gluten flour used)
- 85g plain flour
- 80g cashew nuts
- 50g sugar
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. cashew butter (or other nut butter of choice)
- 2 tbsp. water
- 180g pitted medjool dates
- 3 tbsp. coconut cream (solidified part from chilled canned coconut milk)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 120g vegan chocolate
- Pre-heat the oven to 180° (fan-oven) and line a baking tray with grease-proof paper
- In a food-processor, blend together the flour, cashews and sugar, and pulse until a powder forms
- Then add in the coconut oil, water and nut-butter, and process again for a further 1-2 minutes until a loose dough forms
- Spread the ‘dough’ out evenly in the baking tray until it makes a square/rectangle (depending on shape of your tray) that is about 1cm in thickness
- Place this in the oven and bake for around 15 minutes (or until it starts to brown)
- Whilst the base bakes, place all the caramel ingredients in a blender and blend until it becomes a smooth paste
- Once the biscuit base has baked, then cooled for at least 15 minutes, spread the caramel evenly over the biscuit with a spoon
- Melt your chocolate then pour this over the caramel, and again, spread it evenly with a spoon
- Then, place the whole bar in the freezer for (at least) 15 minutes for the chocolate to solidify
- Then, cut into smaller bars and enjoy!
Like my recipes? Don’t forget to follow my page!
Want to contact me or give feedback?