This vegan Caesar salad I’ve created is a super easy dinner, or light lunch, option when you’re looking for a ‘fast’ food alternative! But don’t worry, even though it’s salad, it’ll definitely fill you up…
Vegan Caesar Salad Recipe:
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: approx. 10 minutes
Yields: 2 servings
- 4 tbsp. vegan mayo
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 tsp. capers (roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- 3 tbsp. water
Crispy Chickpea ‘Croutons’:
- 1 can chickpeas (drained)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. paprika and pepper season-all (or paprika)
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Lettuce (enough for 2 servings)
- Vegan ‘chicken’ (cook as desired)
- Add the chickpeas to a baking tray with seasonings and cook in the oven for 10 minutes (or until golden and crispy) at 200°C (fan-oven)
- In the meantime, combine all the dressing ingredients (except from capers) and whisk with a fork until smooth, then add in the capers and stir
- When the chickpeas are nearly finished, prepare and chop your lettuce and plate up
- Top the lettuce with vegan chicken, ‘croutons’ and Caesar dressing
- Add more pepper if desired, then enjoy!
Psst… see, I told you, very easy!
Like my recipes? Don’t forget to follow my page!
Want to contact me or give feedback?