I work for the company XITE Energy (a healthy energy drink) as a digital marketing executive, and one part of my job is creating content for our social media accounts and blog. I recently created this recipe – pancakes made using the drink itself. I had an inkling that the bubbles from the drink would help make super fluffy pancakes and alas, they did!
Vegan Pancake Recipe:
Prep Time: >5 minutes
Cook Time: approx. 5 minutes
Yields: 2/3 servings
Gluten Free Option
- 200g plain flour (can be gluten free)
- 300ml XITE Energy (any flavour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Flavourings/Sweetener if required (e.g. vanilla/fruit essence or sweetener)
Plus: oil for frying and any toppings you may want!
- Whisk all the ingredients together until combined & lots of air bubbles appear
- Heat a pan (with a little oil if not non-stick) to a medium heat: the lower & slower you cook them, the fluffier they’ll become
- Pour the batter into little circles and wait for bubbles to form on the top, then flip. Cook on the other side for another minute, then repeat until all the batter is used up
- Then add any toppings you want and enjoy!
Like my recipes? Don’t forget to follow my page!
Want to contact me or give feedback?